the last day of winter break

This year the kids were out an extra day, I think because of how New Years fell. I was rested up from the holiday break so I had the energy to think of some fun things to do that day, before we went back to our school and work routine.

We started with a doughnut breakfast. We definitely do not get those much but it seemed like a great day for one.
Then we headed to Science Museum Oklahoma. We spent most of our time in the new area, Curiocity.

At this point I had to find a chair. The kids started building these little cars. We were there for about 40 minutes, according to the time on my camera.




I wandered around in the area and found the water area. I knew that would get them to move on!







I also found a community quilt that had been created in this area. Would have been great to work on that while they were doing the cars!

We wandered around a bit more and then I finally dragged them out so we could go eat a late lunch.
made in the tinkering garage


they always want to knock down the towers!
We decided to go to Jo's Pizza, so that my daughter could play with some dough while we waited. And we all love pizza.

It was a fun day--a hit with both kids and I got to see my kids just play and build and be creative. A win all around (except for maybe dad who got to go to work instead)!

Comments