twins

Last weekend I started feeling a bit better and was ready to sew some more. But I wanted something I could finish, not more pieces of my Christmas scrap quilt. I didn't want something overwhelming. I had the partial roll of 2.5 inch strips that I bought at Silver Dollar City, so I started looking for pattern ideas. Pattern ideas that did not require me to add in white (which I do not have on hand). After looking around a bit, I decided to use the Jelly Roll Jam by Fat Quarter Shop. I added a few more strips of fabric to have the full amount needed, and had the two baby size quilt tops done that weekend.
Thursday I quilted one and I finished the other one today.

Both are backed with flannel. One has a scrappy binding of some of the leftover strips, and the other has a flannel binding.


It feels good to finally have some finishes (another one for my 4th qtr finish along)--and it inspired me to start piecing together more squares for the Christmas quilt.

I've finished a bit more since this picture--yea! Maybe it will get done before Christmas after all.

Comments

  1. If not this Christmas, next. Luckily they recur. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment