June quilt 2: an itty bitty baby blankie

I am still waiting for one more color of pearl cotton to finish one of my quilts, so I needed to work on something else.
getting closer
When I went to the quilt shop last week I got a precut pack of 2 1/2" squares of Fresh Cut fabric by Basic Grey. It's not a lot of fabric but I started playing around with the squares. I started with a basic checkerboard but then went with an Irish chain block to stretch it out a bit more. And in a couple of days, it was done. Yea for small quilts!




I backed it with a floral flannel I've had for a while--and that seemed to coordinate perfectly with the Fresh Cut vibe.

It is done -- and now I am back to waiting on the purple pearl cotton (should be today). I have enjoyed being able to hand quilt while watching the World Cup. I also have some new gouache paints to play with. So far I've loved the vibrant colors and quick dry time. (The painting in the background is my daughter's, with acrylics).



Comments