since the zoo

Since I went to the zoo, I attended six soccer games. Well, seven now. I just got back from one. That is a lot of outdoor time, and the weather was gorgeous for most of it.









I also went on a staff retreat. It was a mix of meetings and alone time and eating and a bit of craziness to liven it up. I liked being outside there too.




I also drew and painted. I have been inspired by a Creativebug class by Heather Ross called Drawing and Illustration Basics. It helps having other ideas of what to draw, with reminders to look at all the bits all around us. The blank white page is SO intimidating.

at Thursday night soccer practice

the sunset at the Friday night soccer game (finished at the retreat)

also from the retreat
I thought a while about taking some quilt things with me for our quiet time, but realized that although it is something I do for down time for me, that sewing machine is NOT quiet. So it stayed home to rest. It will get to work for me soon enough.

I also read The Dovekeepers (mostly at the retreat). I listened to this podcast called Disciples Disciple by Jen Hatmaker, although I had to break it up in bits because I was no longer at the retreat and did not have the three hours of alone time. I may try to listen again tomorrow, if the little "to-do" list I am making in my head doesn't grow too large to allow that.

Looking forward to the weekend and many more opportunities to sit outside (i.e. one more soccer tournament) and enjoy the sun and all that it is helping grow. I love the green of spring. Even if it does make me sneeze.

Comments