the June finish-- {the quilt I still haven't named}

I finished it last night!

It used two charm packs of the Nicey Jane, plus a bit extra of one of those fabrics to have enough of the 2 1/2" squares. The white is Kona White, and the scrappy binding using some from the backing and a fat quarter of Lottie Dot from Lottie Da (also from Heather Bailey).

I quilted it by stitching it a quarter inch on each side of the seams of the blocks.

The back is: Church Flowers (Heather Bailey), a basic pink polka dot, another print from the Nicey Jane, an Amy Butler Tumble Rose piece, and then that last white one. It used to be a large pillowcase, I think from Goodwill. 


I will likely end up adding this to the etsy shop, so speak up if you are interested in it.

Now I'm off to enjoy summer and a day off. It should involve eating some of these, and any other fresh from the garden veggies I can find. I LOVE summer fruits and veggies. We had some fresh corn my brought over with dinner--yes, I missed a lot of pictures with the shucking and all. Freezer bags full of corn just wouldn't be the best. But here's these:


Comments

  1. I think this is the only way to really appreciate the color-saturated prints from Heather Bailey -- by using lots of white fabric. That negative space makes all the difference. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment